A little while ago, when the world wide web was still new and had that delicious scent of the untamed wilderness, personal web logs dotted the digital landscape as far as the eye could see.
Though a handful did have a specific theme, most were excitingly random portals into the daily lives and minds of their creators… average people carving out a little digital homestead in the vastness of the Internet.
Today the individuality expressed in online personal journals driven by the desire to explore strange new inner and outer worlds has been replaced by the trending uniformity of niche-oriented websites driven by the modern-day trifecta: brand recognition, profit, and
self-exaltation… Er, I mean fame.
I have never been one to follow trends. This blog embraces the creativity and introspection that result in the randomness of every day life. My name is Jacquelyn Van Sant (née Fisher), and welcome to my blog.
Who Is Jacquelyn?
Hi! I am a 33-year-old Seventh-day Adventist Christian, who currently works as a front-end web developer at Arizona State University. I’m also an ABC: artist, blogger, and creative writer. I absolutely love learning new things, which means that my interests and hobbies are quite diverse and grow even more so every day. I enjoy reading, singing, traveling, camping, hiking, collecting old books, and sharing my knowledge/experience.
I’m happily married to the amazing Bradley, and we are proud parents of two adorable little boys, affectionately referred to as “Peanut” (1.5 years old) and “Pickle” (newborn) in this blog. We also have an old, cantankerous dog named Jazzi who keeps us amused.
We both are active in our local church as well as working on a fledgling family business. I am the founder and primary writer of a magazine-styled blog called UNashamed, whose purpose is to equip and encourage men and women to live unashamed for Christ. For more about what I believe, visit My Beliefs.
Random Accomplishments and Facts
- On April 18, 2014, the wonderful, funny, and talented Bradley Van Sant and I were wed in a lovely ceremony at a local park.
- I maintained a perfect 4.0 GPA through six years of college/university. GPAs do not really matter in the post-academic world, but I’m still quite proud of this accomplishment.
- In 2012, I earned my bachelor’s of science degree in multimedia design and development, with an emphasis in web design and development.
- I wrote two songs and co-wrote a third for my talented sister’s, Jessica (Fisher) Cyiza, debut album New Life (2011).
- In 2006, I earned three Associates of Art degrees in history, political science, and foreign language.
- In 2006 for National Novel Writing Month, I wrote the first draft of my masterpiece novel Healer’s Quest, and I have a free print copy on my bookshelf.
- I was blessed with the opportunity to study abroad in Saint Petersburg, Russia, for two summers: 2004 and 2005.
- I first ventured into the world of creating websites during the rather quiet, uneventful summer of 1998 and have been entranced ever since.
First time visitor? Try these posts.